For thousands of years, dentures have been allowing people who have lost their teeth to chew foods and flash some teeth when they smile. Traditional dentures have drawbacks, though, and there is a better solution called All On 4 Implants, available from Decatur Smiles.
A dental implant is a titanium post that is fixed in the patient’s jaw. A single implant can support one artificial tooth, while a set can be used to anchor dentures. That’s what All On 4 Implants are all about.
Dental implants provide the following benefits:
- Stability – Implants don’t move around in your mouth. This permits normal chewing, swallowing, and speech.
- Bone Retention – The implant prevents bone recession
- Dental implants prevent jaw muscle dysfunction that can occur when remaining teeth are forced to compensate for missing teeth
- Implants eliminate gum irritation
- No need for denture relines
- No denture adhesive needed (Remember, they are anchored in your jawbone just like natural teeth!)
One of the best things about All On 4 implants is that the procedure can usually be done in a single office visit, and with a local anesthesia.
Anyone who has lost their teeth and is looking for a permanent replacement for dentures should call Decatur Smiles, and find out more about All On 4 implants. We also provide general dentistry. Schedule an appointment with us today.
Contact Decatur Smiles:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
1316 Somerville Rd SE Ste 2