If you are missing one of your teeth and weighing your tooth replacement options, consider a dental implant from Decatur Smiles in Decatur AL.
Dental implants are the state of the art in dentistry. Dental bridges have been used for many years, but they have some downsides:
- They are a 3-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem—the adjacent teeth must be prepped and crowned to hold the replacement (floating) tooth.
- It is hard to properly clean the small areas under the bridge.
- A dental bridge does not safeguard against bone recession at the extraction site.
Why is a dental implant superior to a bridge?
- It is a 1-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem.
- It is usually stronger.
- Will reduce the risk of bone recession because it replaces the tooth root.
- It is usually easier to keep clean which results in a lower risk of decay.
- They last longer.
- Dental implants can support a denture or partial denture.